Media.net is a leading ad tech company comprising of 800+ employees exclusively focused on developing innovative monetization products for digital publishers. By revenue, Media.net runs the #2 largest contextual ads program globally and work as the trusted advisor to top management across various large publishers.
Also, Media.net is powered by Yahoo! and Bing.
They have a global footprint of offices spread across New York, Los Angeles, Dubai, Mumbai, Bangalore and Zurich. Some of their publisher clients include Forbes, Yahoo, MSN, Reuters, The Street, NY Daily News and many more.
It is an alternative to Google AdSense.
It is targeted to small to large bloggers & media houses who produce quality content. So even if you have a small blog with targeted and quality content, your chance of getting approval is high.
Media.net is a contextual ad network, which means that it hosts advertisements based on the context of the page. For example, if you are running Media.net ads on your page about smartphones, your readers will be seeing advertisements related to smartphones and its accessories.
- Developer: Yahoo! Bing Network
- Initial Release:
- Operating System:
- Type: Online Advertising
- Website : http://www.media.net/
- Publisher Terms: http://www.media.net/legal/tos
- Minimum Traffic: Alexa Rank Under 1Million.
- Publisher Language Requirement: Primarily in English.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: Adult, Alcohol, Illegal Drugs, Violence, Gambling.
Read Complete Program Guidelines.
Advertisers & Offers
- Advertising Types: Display.
- Offer Types: CPC.
- Verticals: All.
- Network Size: Millions as it’s a joint network of Yahoo and Bing.
- Display Ad Unit Sizes Available: 336×280, 300×250, 728×90, 600×250, 160×600, 728×20, 600×120, 468×60, 200×200, 250×250, 120×600, 120×300, 300×600, 160×90, 180×150.
- Mobile Ad Units Available: Yes.
- WordPress Plugin Available: No.
Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel
- Control Panel: The publisher admin control panel is easy to navigate, with different pages for reports, ad units, and site management. The main dashboard defaults to displaying a graph of revenues and impressions from the last seven days.
- Reporting: Creating reports is a very intuitive process. While the default is to display revenues and impressions from the last seven days, you can select today, yesterday, this week, last week, this month, last 30 days, or last month in the drop-down, or enter a custom date range.
- Control Panel URL: https://control.media.net/home
- Publisher’s Share of Revenue: Unknown.
- Minimum Payout Threshold: $100 USD.
- Payment Methods Available: Wire Transfer or PayPal.
Account Help & Support
- Knowledge Base URL: Not Available.
- Personal Account Manager: Yes.
- Easy To Contact Support: Yes.
Pro’s & Con’s Of Media.net
Pros Of Using Media.net:
- Its Free – Its free to join. There’s practically no cost involved.
- Powerful Dashboard – The dashboard is very powerful. You can filter your earnings by various durations. Additionally, the graphs and reports will also help you keep track of your blog/website performance.
- Higher RPM On Average – It offers one of the best RPM (Revenue Per Thousand Impressions) rate in the industry.
- Highly Converting Ad Design Options – The intuitive designs of the ads blend really well with the blog layouts, which leads to higher CTR. You can also change the ad style to match your blog/website design.
- Allows Ads On Sticky Sidebars – Most Ad networks don’t allow ads on fixed or sticky sidebars. But, the biggest plus point of Media.net is that it lets you allow ads on fixed or sticky sidebars.
- Excellent Customer Support – Once your account is approved, you will get a dedicated customer representative. The customer support will also help you optimize the ads and maximize your revenue.
Cons Of Using Media.net:
- Some Ads Require Double Click from Visitors – There are some ads which require the visitors to click twice before you get paid. This can reduce your earning a bit.
- Revenue Isn’t Updated In Real-Time – The platform doesn’t show your earnings in real-time. You have to wait until the next day to find out today’s total income.
- Requires Most Of Traffic From Specific Countries – It requires most of the traffic from the USA, Canada, or the UK. If your blog/website gets a lot of traffic from other countries, you can’t utilize that traffic.