About Google AdSense
Initially released on June 18, 2003 (13 years ago), Google Adsense is the oldest Online Advertising Network. Its possibly one of the largest and greatest Online Advertising Networks. Its also one of the best Monetization Ad Networks available for any website.
It is a Product/Service from Google that allows website/blog owners to show contextual ads on their blog/website and earn revenue by displaying ads that are relevant to their site’s/blog’s content, along with the user’s geographic location. These ads can generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis.
Its one of the most popular partners for Publishers and Bloggers who are seeking to monetize their sites. The AdSense Program is relatively simple for most Publishers. Its all time favorite of Publishers & Bloggers. Having the best performance and eCPMs, its an unbeatable Ad Network.
Its also one of the best ways to make money online and people are making thousands of dollars every day using only Google AdSense.
And Yes, as it’s Google’s Product/Service, it’s backed up by Google Support.
The Sign-Up process is pretty much simple and it only takes a few steps to Sign-Up & Register for your Google AdSense Account.
Google AdSense Stats
- Developer : Google
- Initial Release : June 18, 2003
- Operating System : Cross-Platform (Web-Based Application)
- Type : Online Advertising
- Website : https://www.google.com/adsense
(Source : Wikipedia)
- Publisher Terms : https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms
- Minimum Traffic : None.
- Publisher Language Requirement : Content must be primarily in one of these supported languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
- Prohibited Publisher Content : Pornography, violence, racial intolerance, excessive profanity, hacking/cracking, illicit drugs, drug paraphernalia, sales of beer or hard alcohol, sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products, sales of prescription drugs, sales of weapons or ammunition, sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer or other goods, sales or distribution of coursework or student essays, programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites, or reading emails, any other illegal content.
Advertisers & Offers
- Advertising Types : Display, Video.
- Offer Types : CPC.
- Verticals : All.
- Network Size : 2 Million+ Publishers Worldwide
- Creating an Ad Unit : To create a new content display ad unit, go to ‘My Ads’ (in the sidebar) > ‘Content’ > ‘+New Ad Unit’. You can also name and customize your new ad unit’s size, style, custom channel (for tracking purposes), and more. Finally, simply copy and paste the HTML code into your web page.
- Display Ad Unit Sizes Available : 728×90 (Leaderboard), 468×60 (Banner), 234×60 (Half Banner), 125×125 (Button), 120×600 (Large Skyscraper), 160×600 (Wide Skyscraper), 180×150 (Small Rectangle), 120×240 (Vertical Banner), 200×200 (Small Square), 250×250 (Square), 300×250 (Medium Rectangle ), 336×280 (Large Rectangle), 300×600 (Half-Page), 320×50 (Mobile Banner), 970×90 (Large Leaderboard).
- Mobile Ad Units Available : Yes.
- WordPress Plugin Available : Yes (Third-Party only).
Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel
- Control Panel : The control panel on Google AdSense is pretty basic, but extremely functional & user-friendly. You’ll immediately see earnings for the current and previous days, as well as a month-to-date total and any outstanding balances. There’s also a basic breakdown between Search and Content earnings if applicable, and a summary of relative performance over the past week. On the landing page, you will see the earnings for the current day, yesterday, last 7 and 28 days and your Finalized earnings. AdSense also lets users create customized reports that can be readily available from the control panel as well.
- Reporting : The major highlight & advantage of Google AdSense is Reporting. AdSense delivers results in real-time. The dashboard offers publishers the ability to break down earnings by every metric they could want, including site, ad unit, and day. Beyond the basic functionality, there are also some other advanced features that will help power users analyze results even further.
- Control Panel URL : https://www.google.com/adsense/
- Publisher’s Share of Revenue : 68%.
- Minimum Payout Threshold : $100 USD.
- Payment Methods Available : Check, EFT, Western Union, Rapida.
- Payment Terms : NET 30.
Account Help & Support
- Knowledge Base URL : https://support.google.com/adsense/?hl=en
- Personal Account Manager : No.
- Support : Offers various support options such as Help Center, Community, Troubleshooters & Email (Only for Publishers earning more than US$25 per week on a consistent basis).
Pro’s & Con’s Of Google AdSense
Pros Of Using Google AdSense :
- Its Free – No cost to join or deploy. There is practically no cost involved.
- Easy To Use – It is quick, easy and requires no technical knowledge. You only have to choose the type of format you want to display on your site and immediately get the code to integrate it into your site Web.
- Interface – It has a very clean and user-friendly interface.
- Customization – You can customize the colors of your ads to incorporate the design of your website or blog.
- Multiple Websites – With a single account, You can run ads on multiple websites/blogs.
- Earnings – Easy money if you have lots of content and traffic.
Cons Of Using Google AdSense :
- Payment – You only get paid when your account earns or reaches $100.
- No Full Control – You cannot fully control what sort of ads and links appear on your website or blog. Also, you cannot control the money that you are Paid Per Click.
- No Other Ad Networks – If you use Google AdSense, you can’t use any other Ad Networks. Only some Ad Networks are allowed to use with Google AdSense which comply with Google Rules & Policies.
- Click Fraud – Google can cancel your account at any time. In most cases, it’s due to site owners continually clicking on banners on their own website/blog in order to generate revenue. Google can penalize you and stop your AdSense revenue as and when it deems it fit.